Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sketches! Guest Designer - Amanda Cruxton

I am so excited to announce this weeks Sketches! Guest Designer is:-


AMANDA CRUXTON


My name is Amanda Cruxton but my friends call me Mandy. I am 37 years old and live in Birmingham in the UK with my husband Paul. We have been together 20 years although married for only 7.

I am currently looking for work having been made redundant twice in the last 6 months, but I usually work in Transport Administration.

I have been making 'things' since I was a small child and could always find something to keep me occupied. I started cross stitching when I was 15 and that moved into cardmaking in 2002 after visiting a craft show and the obsession began. I have been blogging for almost 2 years and have been lucky to have some cards published in the reader pages of UK magazines.
I love using sketches as it encourages me to lay out my cards in a different style than I would normally do. It also lets me concentrate on the materials rather than if the design 'looks right'. I am tempted to have a go at scrapbooking and I know the sketches will be a great help with that.

Thanks you so much for choosing me to be a Guest Designer, I can't tell you how honoured and excited I am.


I asked Amanda to choose a Card Sketch to work with and she chose Sketch #83.

And here is her card using the Sketch.


10 comments:

Stef H said...

Congrats Amanda! First, you look a little like Valerie Bertinelli (an American actress) and second, R U kidding me???? 37?????? You look 23!!!!!

Your card is beautiful.

Joaniebolognie said...

What a beautiful card Amanda! I agree with Stef....no way are you 37, maybe I need to move to the UK! You'll have no problem creating a scrapbook layout...plus it gives you a chance to document those 20 years with your "love"!

Olena said...

Congrats Amanda!!!! Beautiful card!!! ~Olena~

Made by Mandy said...

Oh wow, it is so weird seeing yourself on something like this :)

Stef & Joanie, thankyou for your kind comments, you have no idea how that makes me feel. I had the most awful spotty skin as a teenager and could never have imagined I would one day have such good skin.

shelly said...

oh my amanda what a beautiful card!! and now you can tell us all your secret to looking sooooooo young!!!
my card based on this sketch can be seen HERE
thanks for the fun card sketch and for taking the time to go to my blog :) shelly

Lesley said...

Congrats! What a beautiful card!

valeriej said...

Thanks so much, just love that sketch and it's spurred me on to make a card before breakfast! You can find my card at:
http://valeries-creations.blogspot.com/

valeriej said...

Ummm not sure what happened to my earlier comment Mandy, but I just adore your card, and you look great in your photo. Congratulations, and thanks for showing me this blog :)

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Congratulations Amanda on being guest designer and what a beautiful take on the sketch. I love the lily image so elegant. Yes the UK is the best place for lovely skin. xxxx

wendipooh13 said...

congrats and just love the card!!! way to go