Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sketches! Guest Designer: Susie Blackwell


I am excited to announce that this weeks Sketches! Guest Designer is:


Susie Blackwell




Firstly I would like to thank Tamara for asking me to Be a Guest Designer on Sketches.


I started out as a Watercolour Painter but I am now predominately I’m a Card maker. I started a little under two years ago after my sister bought me a kit for my Birthday, well I finished that one in less than a day and went straight out to buy another. So there’s me two weeks down the line utterly hooked. In an Ideal work I would love to be a work at home Freelance Designer ,but I expect I in a very long queue!!!!!!!!


In the real world I’m Mum to two Daughter and one Son & Partner of James for 8 years. I work Part time as a Registered Nurse for an Agency, ( No two day’s the same) and I volunteer for My local Ambulance service as a Community First Responder.


I started Blogging in October 2007 and its become another of my obsessions. I try to blog daily but unfortunately work has a tendency to get in the way! A couple of my blogging world friend and I started a New Challenge blog to encourage papercrafts to try new things, our blog has been going for 5 weeks now and we’ve been having some real fun ( http://thisthursday.wordpress.com )


My plans for the future are to develope and discover new crafts ( well anything that doesn’t involve needles!!) James and I are due to marry in a few weeks and I will be attempting my first scrapbook.


Thank you again Tamara
Best wishes
Susie xx

Here is the Card Sketch that Susie Chose. It is Sketch #47.



Here is the card that Susie made for us today.


4 comments:

tiggertastic said...

Susie my dear friend, it fantastic to see you as a guest designer, well done hun.

Will have to give this layout a go today.

Sarah xx

tiggertastic said...

Just finished my card, it is here

Sarah x

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Congratulations on your guest design spot Susie!

Darlene said...

Nice to meet you Susie ... great looking card! Congrats on being this week's Guest Designer!