Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sketches! Design Team Spotlight: Cookie Aguilar

I am excited to announce that this weeks Sketches! Design Team Spotlight is:
Cookie Aguilar

I’m Cookie Aguilar, a scrapper from the Philippines. I’m 30 years old, married for 4 years to a very supportive husband named Henry and a full-time mom to a sweet and energetic 3-year old boy Harvey.

Been seriously scrapping since May 2007. I love this hobby so much because it makes me express my love for my family, for art, makes me meet new friends and it’s my sanity pill after a tiring day doing household chores and performing mommy duties.

My family is my main source of inspiration. I scrap because of them… I love to take pictures of our everyday moments and create pages out of it. It’s also my way of expressing my thoughts and wishes especially for my dear Harvey. I want to have something for him to see when he’s all grown up. I want to show him how I value every detail of his growing years with me.

Style? Well, honestly, I really don’t know… All I’ve noticed is that I love to layer different pattern papers and I love to use bold colors on my pages as well as neutral tones such as hues of browns, greens and blues. My colors usually depend on the picture that I’m going to scrap. Others say that my new Los are full of texture embellishments such as chipboards (chipboards - painting & stamping on it are two of my favorite things to do at the moment). I still have a lot to learn in scrapbooking, and I would be glad to share them to you guys too!

Hope to be able to inspire people with my work!

I asked Cookie to choose her favorite layout she made since she has been on the Sketches! Layout Design Team, and she chose Layout Sketch #48.



Thank you Cookie for all the creative Layouts over the past several months. I love looking at my inbox each week to see what you turned in. I am always in awe of your scrapping talent.
{tamara}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's one cool page!!!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Congratulations on your spotlight Cookie! I have to admit, I love your pages when I see them each week! I really like this one! I love how you used the sketch! Your son is adorable! Fantastic layout!

Cookie Aguilar said...

wow thanks so much ladies!!! thanks jennifer and carol (scrapmomof2) for the wonderful comments...

Cookie Aguilar said...

thanks too tamara for this wonderful opportunity to be able share my works with you guys!!! i really enjoyed making pages for your site.