Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sketches! Design Team Spotlight: Deanne Burton

I am excited to announce that this weeks Sketches! Design Team Spotlight is:


Deanne Burton




Hi everyone, from Deanne in Newfoundland ,Canada! Hope you are all having a wonderful September! So far, September's been great for me! Even though we've had some beautiful hot days in September, we can certainly feel Fall in the air!!

I'm a mom to 2 teenage boys (most times they were the subject of my layouts!) My oldest is in his last year of high school.My youngest is in Grade 9. I've been married 18 years to Todd, the best man in the world!!!

I'm a teacher of a wonderful group of grade 6's! All 15 of them!

I've been on Tamara's design team since Jan '08 and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks so much, Tamara for the awesome opportunity!

"Creating" art has always been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. As a child, I was always content when I had a crayon, a pencil, and some paper nearby.

As a young girl, I "designed" and sewed my own Barbie clothes! As a teenager I learned how to knit, cross-stitch and quilt.

I have created "scrapbooks" ever since I was a teenager and kept gum wrappers, hand-written notes, and other memorabilia of my high-school and university years .

When I began seeing scrapbooking on the internet a few years ago, I had my own tole painting online store and I TRIED to stay away from scrapbooking for as long as I could because I KNEW that once I took the plunge, there was
no turning back! I began to create what you would call a REAL scrapbook in the Fall of 2003.

And THIS year I have taken another plunge and have become a Stampin' Up demonstrator! So, now I am not only addicted to scrapbooking, but also card-making!

I have a blog called "Am I A Scrap Addict?" ( http://a-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/ )
My sisters and I also have a blog called "Sisterhood of Scrap". ( http://sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com/ ) Every week
we choose a scrapping "sister" to highlight and honor. We share scrapping ideas and inspiration every day.


I have enjoyed all of Tamara's blog and it's difficult to choose just one!!! But I guess I have to! So, it's ...let's see...layout sketch #51!


Thank You Deanne for all the time you have put into the Sketches! {by tamara} blog. It is because of the Design Team Members that this blog has grown so much and I appreciate you.
{tamara}

3 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Congratulations on your Design Team Spotlight Deanne! Love the layout that you chose to feature!!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Love your page Deanne and huge congrats to you!!

Christy said...

Congrats Deanne!! I think it turned out fabulous! I just loved this sketch and gave it a try too. I had fun. It's HERE.