Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sketches! Guest Designer: Maria Gurnsey

In addition to Maria being todays Guest Designer, she is also joining us on the Sketches! Recipe Design Team. She will be posting her first card this Tuesday!
I am excited to announce that this weeks Sketches! Guest Designer is:
Maria Gurnsey




Hi, my name is Maria Gurnsey and I’m from Colorado. I’ve lived here all my life and most recently moved to Eaton with my husband and kids. I’ve been married to my wonderful husband Mike for 6 years and we have three beautiful kids, Macy, Mattea and Miller. Yes, we are all M’s!!!!

I began scrapbooking about 8 years ago and have been hooked since. It wasn’t until we moved to Eaton and I came across the blog of a local Stampin Up demonstrator that I became hooked on stamping. I placed my very first stamp order in January of this year and became an SU demo in February. I started my blog Scraps By M when I joined SU. I was incredibly fascinated with this “stamping world” and how wonderful everyone’s creations are. I couldn’t wait to begin posting my own work. I’ve learned so much in the short 8 months that I have been stamping. I check out my favorite blogs daily and try not to miss any of my favorite challenges. I’m definitely a challenge junkie (sketches are my favorite)

I get inspiration for my cards everywhere. Pictures, my kids clothes, magazines, catalogs, fellow bloggers…I see inspiration in it all. I would say my over all style would be a bit vintage. I love all things old and my card style generally reflects that. I have a hard time not distressing a card in some way. Sponging the edges is my favorite. A card just doesn’t feel complete without it!

Thanks for checking out my guest designer card and thanks to Tamara for adding me to the recipe team. I’m very excited to be a part of it and I can’t wait to show you all more of my creations!!


I asked Maria to choose one of her favorite card sketches, and she chose card sketch #59.



And here is her card she made using that sketch.

4 comments:

toners said...

Maria is an awesome addition to your team :) I recently found her blog and her work rocks!!

Krista B. said...

Maria I love your card from the sketch : ) Your blog is awesome you do beautiful work. I look forward to see your creations on the recipe team!

AbbieTorroll said...

I used to live in Greeley CO so I know exactly where Eaton is! Small world!

Christy said...

Great sketch and the ball is beautiful