Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sketches! Guest Designer: Sue Daly

I am very excited to announce that this weeks Sketches! Guest Designer is:



Sue Daly





Hi , I am Susan Daly from www.stampndaly.com . I am what I consider to be a hobby Stampin Up! demonstrator. I became a demonstrator in 2003 but have been crafting most of my life. I started stamping before my children were born and then put it aside for awhile. Oh yes, I am a stay at home mom to two children Alicia 12 and Eric 8 and one big child, my husband John ( no not John Daly the golfer, John Daly the hacker). We also have two dogs Nikita, an America Eskimo and Princess, a Cocker Spaniel and one cat, Sparkle.

Before I was a stamper and mother and household engineer ( as I call it), I was a substance abuse counselor and worked with mostly heroin addicts on a methadone program.

I grew up on a farm in Upstate NY and moved to RI for school. Now we live in North Carolina.

So I have been making cards since about 2003. But have been focusing more at it since I became a blogger about a year ago. I was recently accepted on the Design Team of Am I A Scrap Addict. I am slowly trying to apply for other design teams and working toward attempting to have some of my work published.

I go through phases of what my favorite products are. Recently , I started to love lace and vintage looking brads. I truely enjoy making my own background paper and looking around me to see what I can use at home or in nature.

Other things I enjoy are gardening, playing with photography, swimming , genealogy and my family.

I am always willing to help or answer questions so stop by my blog any time.


I asked Sue to choose a Card Sketch. And she chose Card Sketch #58.




And here is the card Sue made using that sketch.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Sue on being our Guest Designer this week!!
Hey, I didn't see your blog link....could someone link that please!!!
Thanks and CONGRATS!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Congratulations on your guest design spotlight! Your card is AMAZING! Absolutely gorgeous!

Carol said...

Love the cool colours Susan, and those snowflakes are very pretty :)

Hugs
Carol x

Darlene said...

Congratulations Sue on being this week's Guest Designer! Your card is awesome ... enjoy your week!!!

Deanne Clarke said...

Hi Sue!!!
Love your card!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Congratulations Sue!! Your card is beautiful!